Monday, November 2, 2009
Milk Share
I have offically become a milk donor. It's been a very rewarding experience to know that I'm helping provide another mom with the best food for her baby. The mom I'm currently working with is in Orlando. We will meet up and give her the milk when we take our Disney trip in about 3 weeks. She has a preemie that is now about 5 months old. Her son was unable to nurse at birth due to being so small and due to various other complications, she has been unable to provide him with the nourishment he needs. It's actually kind of weird knowing I'm giving away Anna's milk, but at the same time, Anna is growing strong and as long as her needs are covered, that's all that matters. If anyone is interested in knowing more, send me an email and I can give you the info to become a donor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Kuddos to you. As you know, my breast milk dries up shortly after giving birth (with in a few weeks and I never make much) because I have thyroid disease. I tried everything I could working with lactation specialist and doctors to try and keep my milk up with no luck. Moms like you deserve SO MUCH praise for helping out! (((HUGS))) ~Jennifer
Post a Comment