Hi everyone! I told myself I wouldn't use my blog as a political outlet. With the media frenzy over the candidates, I have been asked lately about my political views from numerous people. I believe that political views are rather personal. However I heard this on the radio on Moby in the Morning and it pretty well sums up my views on one of the candidates. Please note - one word changed to omit a word that we do not use in my house.
"This tale from Texas lore comes from Chicago Law Dog Michael Brennan, Esq.
While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old Texas rancher, who‘s
hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a
conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to
Obama and his bid to be our President.
The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'post turtle'.'
Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post
turtle' was.
The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you
come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post
turtle'.'
The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he
continued to explain. 'You know he didn't get up there by himself, he
doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up
there, and you just wonder what kind of a dummie put him up there."
Anyways - that is all I have to say on the matter. I will be praying for our country.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Laughing my bootie off! WELLLLLL.... obviously I live in Texas and not in Austin where all the crazies live (sorry to anyone IN Austin! ;) so needless to say I am Republican through and through! I adore Bush (another good 'ole Texan) even though I do not agree with all the choices he has made, in fact I think he has made some really rather lousy ones but he is still a good President and I think a good patriot supports his/her president no matter who they are. Then we come to this election... are we REALLY happy with ANY of the choices??? Now, McCain is a great war hero... a greater patriot than most American's have or ever would be BUT I really don't agree with many of his views. Don't get me wrong, I WILL vote for him as the other choice(s at this point) are just HORRIBLE! I was so keeping my hopes towards Huckabee, but no reason to cry over spilled milk. What is done is done. Today I heard that Hillary might actually run on the ticket as VP! That is the worst ticket I can even imagine! Both of them!!!! YIKES! So, all we can do is pray that God will lead our country through this time, and that He sees the light at the end of the tunnel because I think we've really got 3 "post turtles" 2 just bigger turtles on a smaller post than the other! lol Okay, I too try not to go too into politics (got a democratic uncle... gotta keep the peace;) but I just had to respond. This is GREAT! Thanks for posting it! I've got to copy and share with my family! =) ~Jenn
Love that story... Too cute. and I have to stay I agree. Having said that. I know I don't know the ins and outs of politics nor do I pay attention to every debate or listen to what all the media has to say (I don't want to hear their biases).
I just pray that whoever gets the job does the job.
Post a Comment