Saturday, April 7, 2007

Easter!

Well, as most of you know, Easter is tomorrow. I was getting kinda sad as I love going to Easter Sunday church, that Chris is working. We've tried many churches up here and can't find one that feels right. I started thinking that I'd probably just end up staying home with the kids, as I'm not going to try a new church by myself. I'm chicken, I know! lol. Last night I got an email from a friend of mine, Angie. She invited me to come to church with them Easter Sunday. So guess what? I'm going! It's kinda a far drive - it's down at the mall of georgia, about an hour away. They meet in the movie theatre. Neat huh? I've met a couple of the church members through Angie so at least I'll know some people.

But what the heck are the kids going to wear? It's FREEZING out! Literally! We had to wrap our trees last night! We had record breaking lows last night and probably again tonight! I had bought the kids easter outfits to be SPRINGY!! And now they can't even where them unless I figure something else out. What a bummer!

Chris just left for work not long ago. Poor guy is so exhausted. They've been working him on too much mandatory overtime. I really feel bad for him. He looks so tired. They are shorthanded about 7 people on each shift that they need to have in order to maintain a skeleton crew! I told him to ask for a couple days off and then at least he'd know that he'd be able to get some rest. He's worked 6 out of the 7 days in the past week - and we're talking 13 hour shifts plus a hour ride roundtrip. All I can do is pray that he stays safe and has the energy needed to go through the day. It's rough on this end as well - Gracie cries for Chris sometimes. I'm trying to explain to her the importance of Daddy's job - that he would love to be with us but he's trying to keep us and everyone else safe. It's hard feeling like a single mom all the time when he leaves before the kids get up and gets home after they are sound asleep. So he's only really seen them 1 day out of the 7 this week. Such is our life! Wouldn't trade it for anything, but surely I'd love for him to not be forced to work so much overtime.

Have a great weekend! If your loved ones are home on Easter, have a blast, enjoy the time together!

1 comment:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I hope you find a home church soon. I know how hard it is.

~Beki