Monday, March 17, 2008

What a Weekend!

Good afternoon all! What an adventure this weekend was! Hubby was off all weekend, which was so nice. We spent Friday running around getting things ready for our Easter party. Party City, Dollar Tree, Walmart, Kroger, Honey Baked Ham, you name it, we went there!

Saturday we woke up to thunder and rain. As we watched the radar on my laptop and tried to figure out what the storm system was going to do, we finally decided to go ahead with the Easter party. We managed to sneak it in between storms (pictures coming soon - they are still on the camera). Just as we were finishing, the bottom fell out of the sky - Rain Rain and more Rain! Mom decided to come back to the house with us. When we get there and look at the radar, there were huge storms that we producing tornadoes. Now, my mom and I tend to get a little nervous (Ahem.... FRANTIC might be a better word) during storms and we were driving Chris crazy. He packs us and the dog up and we drive to Athens, which for the time being was staying clear of the strong storm cells. The whole time Blondie is in the back seat yelling that the Twister is coming to get us (perhaps she's seen Wizard of Oz a few too many times?) Bear thinks the whole ordeal is funny.

So... we decide we can't sit in the parking lot for hours waiting for the storm to pass so we take the kids to Chuck E Cheese. They of course are having the time of their life, I'm on wireless laptop watching the radar, and mom's still freaking. A cell hits Athens while we're in CEC and it POURED down rain and hail for several minutes and then quick as it came, it was gone. There was the most beautiful rainbow in the sky afterward. Huge sigh of relief from all of us. We head home afterward and finally get to relax for the first time in the day.

Sunday, we went to church. Then later in the evening we went over to a friend's house for a cookout that live just down the street. They are the most amazing family. Blondie got to play with her "best friends" K & M. Funny how at that age, their best friends change daily.

By the way! I forgot to post these pics the other day! Another masterpeice by Melinda. Try not to laugh at my monkey hat! Within the first day, Melinda sold one of these with a buy it now on ebay for $225! That's her new record! Way to go Melinda! My monkey hat is still without bid - ends tomorrow.

Have a great week and enjoy the pics - I'll get easter party ones up as soon as I can. Hubby goes to nights tonight so I should be able to then!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Erin, I am so glad to hear that you all are okay, but how scary! I was thinking of you while I was watching the news and hoped you hadn't flooded! I think I heard that 2 people actually died in the storms. =(

Love the overalls! Too cute! and your little "bear" is just simply as cute as they come!!! =) Don't get discouraged about the hat... I think it just doesn't have any bids because it is starting to get hot... it was in the high 70's here all week. The hat is just precious! Try listing it again in the fall and I bet they will sell like hot cakes! (((HUGS)))~Jennifer